Monday, August 3, 2009

Staff changes at MinnEESI

Marie Nelson, MinnEESI's Project Coordinator, is leaving MinnEESI on August 14. Marie has been with MinnEESI since September 2008, and is leaving to begin her Master of Social Work at the University of Minnesota.

Help us welcome Belle Khuu! Below is a message from Belle:

"Hi, my name is Belle Khuu and I completed my undergraduate studies in 2007 from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities with a Bachelor of Science in sociology and a Bachelor of Arts in psychology and philosophy. I currently work as a research coordinator for the Schizophrenia Program at the University of Minnesota. My role with the program includes coordinating between clinical services and patient care, serving as the Behavioral Therapist for the metabolic studies, and administering neurocognitive assessments for the cognition trials.

Starting this fall, I am working toward a Master of Social Work at the University of Minnesota. I will be interning at the Minnesota's Women Consortium as part of my internship. I am ecstatic to intern for the MN's Women Consortium because of my deep interest in gender issues and advancing women's rights. Studying sociology as an undergrad has enabled me to understand the interaction between the various "ism" in society and fuels me toward making social change. I am looking forward to working and contributing toward advancing women's rights. Feel free to contact me with any questions or ideas that you'd like to share. I'd love to hear from you!"

Belle can be contacted at eesi@mnwomen.org / 651-228-0338. Belle will start September 8, and Minnesota Women's Consortium Executive Director, Bonnie Watkins, will coordinate MinnEESI until Belle begins. Thanks for your patience during this transition.

By Marie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment