Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hello From Belle

My name is Belle Khuu, and I am starting my first year at University of Minnesota School of Social Work. I'm really excited to be a part of the Minnesota Women's Consortium for my internship because it has been both an academic and personal interest of mine to get involved with women's issues. Growing up in a predominantly patriarchal society, I have always been discontented about the treatment of women. It wasn't until my freshman year in college through sociology classes that I began to learn about the unequal treatment of women on a systematic level in society. From those moments on, it has always been a mission of mine to work toward advancing women's rights.

I completed my undergraduate studies in 2007 at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities with a Bachelor of Science in sociology and a Bachelor of Arts in psychology and philosophy. In conjunction with the internship, I also work as a research coordinator for the University of Minnesota Schizophrenia Program. My role with the program includes coordinating between clinical services and patient care as well as serving as the therapist for the metabolic studies and the being the neurocognitive assessor for the cognition trials.

I am looking forward to making a difference for women and elders. Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or ideas that you might have.
I can be contacted at eesi@mnwomen.org / 651-228-0338.

No comments:

Post a Comment